- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Jaguars send S Nelson to Bengals
The Jaguars received cornerback David Jones and a conditional draft pick in the deal, completed after teams made final cuts to get down to the 53-man roster limit.
Nelson was the 21st overall pick in 2007 out of Florida. He had an impressive rookie season _ 82 tackles, five interceptions, two forced fumbles and a sack. Since then, he’s had only two interceptions and his tackles total has dropped.
He shifted positions at Jacksonville after starting as a roaming safety. He spent time at cornerback and was part of nickel pass defenses. The three-year starter lost his job this year, playing at safety with the reserves during preseason games.
The Bengals were looking for depth at safety after Gibril Wilson damaged ligaments in his left knee during the preseason and was placed on injured reserve.
Jones was New England’s fifth-round draft pick out of Division II Wingate in 2007. The Bengals claimed him off waivers that year. He was primarily an extra cornerback in three seasons with Cincinnati, starting seven games in 2008 after Johnathan Joseph got hurt. He has not intercepted a pass.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.