- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
‘SNL’ alum Amy Poehler to guest host season opener
NEW YORK (AP) - NBC says "Saturday Night Live" will launch its 36th season on Sept. 25 with host Amy Poehler and musical guest Katy Perry.
Poehler is a former "SNL" cast member who will return to make her hosting debut. Perry's No. 1 smash "California Gurls" has become the song of the summer.
NBC says "SNL" will welcome four new cast members this season. They include Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain, Taran Killam (TEH'-ruhn KIHL'-uhm) and Jay Pharoah.
Cast member Will Forte recently left the show after eight seasons and Jenny Slate left after one season.
NBC is owned by General Electric.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again