- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Former Red Sox GM Lou Gorman dies 82
Question of the Day
Gorman was Boston’s general manager from 1984-93, building the team that won the 1986 AL championship. That team was led by Roger Clemens and was one strike from winning the World Series before the New York Mets came back to win Games 6 and 7.
It wasn’t until 2004 before the Red Sox finally won it all, ending what had become an 86-year title drought.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP’s earlier story is below.
Said Dougherty: “All he wanted to do was make it to Opening Day.”
Gorman was the Red Sox general manager from 1984-93, building the team that won the 1986 AL championship. That team, led by Roger Clemens, was one strike away from winning the World Series before the New York Mets came back to win Games 6 and 7. It wasn’t until 2004 before the Red Sox finally won it all and ended what had become an 86-year title drought.
(This version CORRECTS APNewsNow. Corrects to show Gorman died at hospital. Will be updated)
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq