- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
Giants 2B Freddy Sanchez gets extension for 2012
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Giants second baseman Freddy Sanchez is sticking around for another year.
San Francisco rewarded Sanchez with a $6 million, one-year extension for the 2012 season Friday, securing a key member of the infield for the World Series champions.
The 33-year-old Sanchez signed a $12 million, two-year contract extension with San Francisco on Oct. 30, 2009, after coming to the Giants at the trading deadline from Pittsburgh that year.
He’s dealt with his share of injuries in his short stint with the Giants. But the 2006 NL batting champion and three-time All-Star batted .254 with four doubles and three RBIs in 15 games in his first career postseason after nine years in the big leagues.
Sanchez was the first player in major league history with three doubles in his first three World Series at-bats.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world