- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Giants 2B Freddy Sanchez gets extension for 2012
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Giants second baseman Freddy Sanchez is sticking around for another year.
San Francisco rewarded Sanchez with a $6 million, one-year extension for the 2012 season Friday, securing a key member of the infield for the World Series champions.
The 33-year-old Sanchez signed a $12 million, two-year contract extension with San Francisco on Oct. 30, 2009, after coming to the Giants at the trading deadline from Pittsburgh that year.
He’s dealt with his share of injuries in his short stint with the Giants. But the 2006 NL batting champion and three-time All-Star batted .254 with four doubles and three RBIs in 15 games in his first career postseason after nine years in the big leagues.
Sanchez was the first player in major league history with three doubles in his first three World Series at-bats.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq