- Mexico plans how to safely box up recovered cobalt
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
Nets G Williams undergoes surgery
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey Nets guard Deron Williams underwent successful wrist surgery today at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.
The surgery was performed by hand specialist Dr. Andrew Weiland and Nets team orthopedic Dr. Riley Williams III. It involved the removal of loose bodies and scar tissue from Williams' right wrist.
"The bony fragments and scar tissue taken from Deron's wrist today were interfering with this ability to flex his wrist," Dr. Williams said. "We expect a full recovery and a return to basketball-related activities in approximately 6-8 weeks."
Williams' wrist will be encased in a soft splint for two weeks, after which time, he will begin rehabilitation. He is expected to participate in next season's training camp.
Williams, a two-time NBA All-Star, was acquired from the Utah Jazz on Feb 23. He played in 12 games for the Nets, averaging 15.0 points and 12.8 assists.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.