- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Hornets: David West has successful knee surgery
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The New Orleans Hornets’ team doctor says star forward David West has had successful surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left knee and is expected to recover fully.
West has been out since tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament during the Hornets’ victory at Utah on March 24 and is not expected to return to the court until next season.
Hornets orthopedist Dr. Scott Montgomery says West has been preparing for surgery since the injury by getting the swelling down.
The Hornets say Tuesday’s surgery was performed by Dr. David Altchek in New York and that the typical rehabilitation period is six to eight months.
West has one season remaining on his contract, but could choose to opt out and become a free agent.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq