- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Suspect surrenders in fatal shooting at No. Va. barbershop
The suspect in a fatal shooting at a Northern Virginia barber shop Wednesday has surrendered to authorities, according to the Fairfax County Police Department.
The shooting occurred at about 2:15 p.m. Wednesday when Hung T. Nguyen, 44, allegedly walked into the Belle View Barber Shop and fired several shots, then took off running.
Le D. Hoang, 39, of 6346 Staghorn Court in Alexandria, was pronounced dead at the scene, and a 38-year-old man was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Nguyen, of 7846 Heritage Drive in Annandale, turned himself in at the Sully District Police Station at about 11 p.m. He has been charged with murder, police said. Homicide detectives continue their investigation to determine if additional charges are appropriate.
Nguyen is reportedly a former employee of the barber shop, in the 1600 block of Belle View Boulevard in Alexandria.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.