- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
NBA suspends Villanueva 5 games for Cavs incident
NEW YORK (AP) - Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva was suspended for five games without pay by the NBA on Wednesday for initiating an on-court altercation with Cleveland’s Ryan Hollins, trying to get at the Cavaliers' bench and twice attempting to enter their locker room.
Villanueva attempted to get at Cleveland’s bench and had to be restrained by teammates and security personnel. He left the floor, then twice attempted to enter the Cavs’ locker room.
Villanueva served the first game of the suspension Wednesday night in Detroit’s season finale in Philadelphia. The remaining four games will be served next season.
Cleveland coach Byron Scott was asked if he felt the suspension was appropriate.
“How much does he make?” Scott said Wednesday night before the Cavs played Washington in their season finale. “It might be a pretty good little chunk. I didn’t know it was going to be that many games. But the fact that you’re running toward the locker room and going into the locker room of the opposing team, obviously they are gong to hit you pretty hard. I still don’t understand what he was doing. Only Charlie knows.”
AP Sports Writer Tom Withers in Cleveland contributed to this report.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014