- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Tuning In to TV
Obamas to be featured in last month of ‘Oprah’
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will appear on one of the final episodes of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Associated Press reports.
Harpo Productions and the White House confirmed Tuesday that the Obamas will tape the episode April 27 at Harpo Studios in Chicago. The show is to air May 2.
The last episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” will air May 25.
People names J.Lo Most Beautiful Woman
People magazine is naming Jennifer Lopez the World’s Most Beautiful Woman, the Associated Press notes.
The singer, actress and “American Idol” judge tops the magazine’s annual list of “the World’s Most Beautiful” in a special double issue.
Miss Lopez is joined on this honor roll by lovelies including Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner and Beyonce Knowles.
Commenting on her lofty title, the 41-year-old Miss Lopez says, “I feel happy and proud. Proud that I’m not 25!”
Williams drug charge dismissed as ‘not provable’
A judge has dismissed a drug paraphernalia possession charge against former talk-show host Montel Williams, Associated Press reports. Mr. Williams was detained briefly at a Milwaukee airport in January after a search of his luggage turned up the type of pipe commonly used for smoking marijuana.
Mr. Williams, who says he legally uses marijuana to treat chronic pain caused by multiple sclerosis, was scheduled to stand trial in May on the charge. A Milwaukee County judge dismissed the case Tuesday at the district attorney’s request after the pipe tested negative for the drug, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
“We concluded that this case was not provable,” Chief Deputy District Attorney Kent Lovern said.
Mr. Williams lives in New York but is participating in experimental treatment at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He said he forgot the pipe was in his bag and apologized for inconveniencing the airport security agents, deputies and court system. He said he is thankful he can put the episode behind him.
About the Author
Ashish Kumar Sen is a reporter covering foreign policy and international developments for The Washington Times.
Prior to joining The Times, Mr. Sen worked for publications in Asia and the Middle East. His work has appeared in a number of publications and online news sites including the British Broadcasting Corp., Asia Times Online and Outlook magazine.
- Amid clashes, White House nixes 'lethal' Ukraine aid
- U.S. rebukes Iran's U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- U.S. missing out on big opportunities in Africa, Liberian official says
- House follows Senate in passing bill to bar Iran's U.N. pick
- Obama admin unfairly pitting China against North Korea: diplomat
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.