- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Tuning In to TV
Question of the Day
Obamas to be featured in last month of ‘Oprah’
President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will appear on one of the final episodes of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Associated Press reports.
Harpo Productions and the White House confirmed Tuesday that the Obamas will tape the episode April 27 at Harpo Studios in Chicago. The show is to air May 2.
The last episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” will air May 25.
People names J.Lo Most Beautiful Woman
People magazine is naming Jennifer Lopez the World’s Most Beautiful Woman, the Associated Press notes.
The singer, actress and “American Idol” judge tops the magazine’s annual list of “the World’s Most Beautiful” in a special double issue.
Miss Lopez is joined on this honor roll by lovelies including Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner and Beyonce Knowles.
Commenting on her lofty title, the 41-year-old Miss Lopez says, “I feel happy and proud. Proud that I’m not 25!”
Williams drug charge dismissed as ‘not provable’
A judge has dismissed a drug paraphernalia possession charge against former talk-show host Montel Williams, Associated Press reports. Mr. Williams was detained briefly at a Milwaukee airport in January after a search of his luggage turned up the type of pipe commonly used for smoking marijuana.
Mr. Williams, who says he legally uses marijuana to treat chronic pain caused by multiple sclerosis, was scheduled to stand trial in May on the charge. A Milwaukee County judge dismissed the case Tuesday at the district attorney’s request after the pipe tested negative for the drug, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
“We concluded that this case was not provable,” Chief Deputy District Attorney Kent Lovern said.
Mr. Williams lives in New York but is participating in experimental treatment at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He said he forgot the pipe was in his bag and apologized for inconveniencing the airport security agents, deputies and court system. He said he is thankful he can put the episode behind him.
About the Author
Ashish Kumar Sen is a reporter covering foreign policy and international developments for The Washington Times.
Prior to joining The Times, Mr. Sen worked for publications in Asia and the Middle East. His work has appeared in a number of publications and online news sites including the British Broadcasting Corp., Asia Times Online and Outlook magazine.
- Boko Haram takes credit for abduction of Nigerian schoolgirls, threatens to sell them
- Al Qaeda core degraded, but 'more aggressive' affiliates still pose threat to U.S.
- Political uncertainty and violence in first Iraqi election since U.S. withdraw
- Egypt judge sentences 683 Islamists to death over Morsi-tied violence
- Doctor's killing in latest Afghanistan attack puts NGOs in crosshairs
TWT Video Picks
By Steve King
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid violent clashes between militias
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama: U.S. should 'embrace an economic patriotism that says we rise or fall together'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'economic patriotism' means higher taxes
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq