- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Sondheim’s ‘Company’ to be shown at movie theaters
NEW YORK (AP) - The New York Philharmonic’s star-studded production of Stephen Sondheim’s “Company” is heading to a movie screen near you.
The distributor Screenvision said Thursday that starting June 15 it will broadcast a taped production of the musical featuring Craig Bierko, Stephen Colbert, Jon Cryer, Katie Finneran, Neil Patrick Harris, Christina Hendricks Patti LuPone, Martha Plimpton and Anika Noni Rose, among others.
The production, which was staged at Lincoln Center in early April under the direction of Lony Price, boasts the songs “Ladies Who Lunch” and “Side by Side by Side.”
Screenvision has a network of more than 2,400 theaters in 50 states. Dates and locations of the “Company” broadcast were still to be announced.
Other shows that have recently been taped for broadcast include “The Importance of Being Earnest” and “Fela!”
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.