- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Ryan suspended 2 games for stomping Blum’s foot
Question of the Day
“That’s not Bobby Ryan’s style. This is a first time offense if anything, and … I’m surprised. I didn’t even see it until after the game, was surprised to see what happened during the game. There’s no place for that,” Carlyle said.
Ryan’s suspension gives the Predators a chance to take control of the series. They are 3-0 when playing Game 3 on home ice with wins over Detroit in 2004 and 2008 and a year ago against Chicago. This is a team that went 24-9-8 in Nashville, joining Vancouver and Washington as the only teams to have fewer than 10 regulation losses at home this season.
Nashville also went 10-2-1 in their final 15 home games.
“We’re just excited to be back home in front of the home fans (Sunday) night,” Nashville defenseman Shane O’Brien said. “They’ve been so good for us down the stretch. They’ve been so loud and so passionate.”
The crowd won’t help if the Predators don’t stop hurting themselves. Three of the six goals by the Ducks through the first two games came on the man advantage, two skating 5-on-3.
Trotz said he has just one message for his team.
“Just stay out of the box,” Trotz said.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq