Well, the grand prize is a $100 gift certificate at GOPStore.com. But what the heck. The Republican National Committee is staging a contest for anyone intent on explaining why they can’t “afford four more years” of President Obama. In a 30-second video. See the details at www.gop.com.
“The Republican National Committee intends to wage the 2012 campaign on multiple fronts, including a sharpened focus on social media,” explains chairman Reince Priebus. “We will use the best videos in our campaign to make Obama a one-term president.”
Chicken soup with matzo balls, braised beef brisket, potato kugel, carrot souffle, matzo chocolate cake.
Menu items - described as “not strictly kosher but kosher style” - from the White House Passover seder on Monday evening, attended by President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia, plus a dozen staffers. (From the White House pool report supplied by Politico’s Julie Mason.)
POLL DU JOUR
• 57 percent of likely U.S. voters disapprove of President Obama’s job performance, 43 percent approve.
• 54 percent say “it’s time for someone new” in the White House.
• 17 percent of Democrats, 31 percent of independents and 90 percent of Republicans agree.
• 38 percent overall say Mr. Obama “deserves to be re-elected”.
• 73 percent of Democrats, 31 percent of independents and 7 percent of Republicans agree.
• 25 percent overall say the nation is “heading in the right direction.”
• 22 percent approve of the job Congress as a whole is doing.
Source: An IBOPE Zogby International poll of 2,132 likely voters conducted April 13 to 15.
• Bouts, pouts and shouts to email@example.com.