- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
Notre Dame to report on probe into student’s death
Question of the Day
SOUTH BEND, IND. (AP) - The University of Notre Dame has completed its internal investigation into the death of a student who was killed when a 53 mph wind toppled the hydraulic lift he was on while videotaping football practice in October.
The university is scheduled to release the results of its nearly six-month investigation into Declan Sullivan's death Monday morning.
Last month, the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration fined Notre Dame $77,500, saying the school ignored safety standards that could have prevented the death. Notre Dame has told IOSHA it wants a formal hearing to discuss the findings.
The Rev. John Jenkins, the university president, and football coach Brian Kelly are among those expected at the news conference Monday.
Sullivan was a 20-year-old film student from Long Grove, Ill.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgment in Heller II
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- Inside the Ring: China targets Global Hawk drone
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Headlines from Associated Press and around the Internet
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow