- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Predators having success on power play vs Ducks
Question of the Day
“When you do that, you move it, you are going to get space, and you are going to get opening,” Fisher said. “We manage to do that and find guys, Weber is getting quite a few shots and Suter is making some good plays back there.”
Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf said they must play better on the penalty kill and win the special teams’ battles to win the series. Asked if the Predators were embellishing on hits to draw penalties, Getzlaf said a “little bit.”
“It’s tough. The game’s meant to be played hard and played on the edge for sure. I don’t fault that at all.” Getzlaf said. “I think that it should be there, and that’s where you should play the game. And I can’t fault the referees because they’re calling the stuff that they see,” Getzlaf said.
“If a guy’s going down easier than he should be, it’s tough for them to make the call and make that distinction between those.”
The Predators obviously disagree in what’s been a very physical and uptempo series. Trotz thought Selanne should have been called for slashing when he snapped Weber’s stick with Nashville on the power play at the end of Sunday night’s game. Trotz called Ducks forward Corey Perry, the NHL’s scoring leader in the regular season, a very talented player.
“But he walks the line every game, and that’s the good and the bad of it I guess,” Trotz said.
Selanne is focused on the Ducks and thinks the time off will help a group of smart guys get back to their level of hockey.
“I’m expecting that Wednesday’s going to be new Ducks,” Selanne said.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq