- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Murray out of Barcelona Open with elbow injury
Question of the Day
The British player needed a cortisone injection for the injury before a loss to Rafale Nadal on Saturday in the semifinal of the Monte Carlo Masters, but still traveled to the Catalan capital in the hope of competing.
Murray practiced on Tuesday but looked in obvious discomfort.
“Under advice from the medical experts I have had to withdraw from the Barcelona tournament due to right elbow injury,” Murray said. “I’m going to take four-five days rest and begin practicing at the start of next week.”
Murray would have played 2003 French Open champion Juan Carlos Ferrero in the second round after receiving a first-round bye.
Murray has had a poor run of results since losing the Australian Open final to Novak Djokovic in January.
The 23-year-old had first-round exits in Rotterdam, Indian Wells and Miami before losing in three sets to Nadal in Monte Carlo.
Seventh-ranked Tomas Berdych also pulled out Tuesday with a stomach virus.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!