- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Schumaker, Craig placed on disabled list
Question of the Day
Manager Tony La Russa thinks Schumaker, who’s batting .241 with one homer and eight RBIs, will need more than 15 days to recover. Craig, who said he was injured while stealing second at Los Angeles on Saturday, is batting .313 with one homer and seven RBIs.
Infielder Nick Punto was activated from the 15-day disabled list and first baseman Mark Hamilton was recalled from Triple-A Memphis. Punto missed most of spring training after surgery in February for a sports hernia and La Russa said he’d have been activated at some point this homestand, in any case.
“We’ve got three good options, so we’re in good shape,” La Russa said.
The 26-year-old Hamilton was a supplemental draft pick in 2006 out of Tulane and played nine games for the Cardinals last September. He was hitting .297 with one home run and four RBIs in 11 games at Memphis.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors