- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Johnny Depp picks up Kids’ Choice Award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Johnny Deep showed his appreciation for his Kids’ Choice Award with a sliming.
After winning the blimp-shaped favorite movie actor trophy for his role as the Mad Hatter in “Alice in Wonderland,” Depp picked up a hose and unleashed waves of green goop on the screaming crowd Saturday.
Nickelodeon’s 24th annual shenanigan-packed ceremony was being held at University of Southern California’s Galen Center.
“You guys are the future,” Depp said before spraying the slime. “Take good care of us.”
Jack Black, the zany master of ceremonies, kicked off the silly show by arriving in a monster truck that mowed over two limos. He performed a flash mob-style routine on the orange carpet, then danced alongside The Black Eyed Peas, who crooned a medley of their tunes while sporting ensembles accented with colorful building blocks.
Other early winners included Lindsey Vonn as favorite female athlete and Eddie Murphy as favorite voice from an animated movie for “Shrek Forever After.”
Nickelodeon is owned by Viacom Inc.
On the Net:
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.