- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
Question of the Day
Brewers, Braun reach deal for five years, $105 million
MILWAUKEE | Left fielder Ryan Braun signed a $105 million, five-year contract extension with the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday.
The deal includes a mutual option for one additional year worth up to $20 million and is the longest commitment to a player in Brewers franchise history.
Braun has been elected to start in each of the past three All-Star Games and is one of just five players in history to hit 125 homers and post a .300 batting average over the first four seasons of his career.
Timberwolves’ Love NBA’s most improved player
NEW YORK | Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has been voted the NBA’s most improved player for the season after leading the league in rebounding, the NBA said Thursday.
Love, 22, set career highs of 20.2 points and 15.2 rebounds per game, and produced the NBA’s first 30 point/30 rebound game since 1982. He had 31 points and 31 rebounds against the New York Knicks in a November 2010 game.
Selig: Bonds’ records will stand despite conviction
NEW YORK | Baseball commissioner Bud Selig will not consider changing Barry Bonds’ records following the slugger’s conviction on obstruction of justice last week.
Bonds holds the career (762) and season (73) home run records, breaking marks set by Hank Aaron (755) and Roger Maris (61). Bonds was convicted last week on one count, with the jury finding he gave an evasive answer to a grand jury in 2003 when asked whether personal trainer Greg Anderson ever gave him anything that required an injection.
Utah attorney general pursuing BCS lawsuit
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Court orders Chicago to pay NRA's legal fees
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener