- Brazilian goalkeeper who ordered girlfriend’s murder may be released to play soccer
- Harlem explosion death toll rises to 7; some still missing
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Gaza militants offer Israel cease-fire of rocket blasts
- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
Brewers, Braun reach deal for five years, $105 million
MILWAUKEE | Left fielder Ryan Braun signed a $105 million, five-year contract extension with the Milwaukee Brewers on Thursday.
The deal includes a mutual option for one additional year worth up to $20 million and is the longest commitment to a player in Brewers franchise history.
Braun has been elected to start in each of the past three All-Star Games and is one of just five players in history to hit 125 homers and post a .300 batting average over the first four seasons of his career.
Timberwolves’ Love NBA’s most improved player
NEW YORK | Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has been voted the NBA’s most improved player for the season after leading the league in rebounding, the NBA said Thursday.
Love, 22, set career highs of 20.2 points and 15.2 rebounds per game, and produced the NBA’s first 30 point/30 rebound game since 1982. He had 31 points and 31 rebounds against the New York Knicks in a November 2010 game.
Selig: Bonds’ records will stand despite conviction
NEW YORK | Baseball commissioner Bud Selig will not consider changing Barry Bonds’ records following the slugger’s conviction on obstruction of justice last week.
Bonds holds the career (762) and season (73) home run records, breaking marks set by Hank Aaron (755) and Roger Maris (61). Bonds was convicted last week on one count, with the jury finding he gave an evasive answer to a grand jury in 2003 when asked whether personal trainer Greg Anderson ever gave him anything that required an injection.
Utah attorney general pursuing BCS lawsuit
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- F-35 secrets now showing up in chinas stealth fighter
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again