- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Eminem to release EP with rapper Royce da 5‘9”
Question of the Day
DETROIT (AP) - Eminem and Royce da 5‘9” are back recording together more than a decade after the Detroit rappers first joined forces.
The pair, who met at a concert in their home city in 1997 and worked together under the name Bad Meets Evil, announced Monday that they’re coming out with an EP of new material in June.
One of the songs they recorded in the late 1990s, called “Bad Meets Evil,” appeared on Eminem’s major label debut, “The Slim Shady LP.”
According to a news release distributed Monday by Interscope Records, the rappers pursued solo careers after their initial work together and became embroiled in a feud.
In the years since, Eminem’s career has reached superstar levels with tens of millions of records sold and Grammy and Academy Award wins. Royce da 5‘9” also has seen success, but on a much smaller scale, with three of his albums charting in the R&B/hip-hop category.
The two mended fences, however, following the shooting death of their mutual friend and fellow rapper Proof in 2006.
“Royce and I started hanging out again and inevitably that led us back into the studio,” Eminem said in a statement. “At first we were just seeing where it went without any real goal in mind, but the songs started to come together crazy, so here we are.”
Royce da 5‘9” said he was “excited to see this project come to fruition considering the long lapse in time between when we worked before and now.”
Interscope said its title will be unveiled “soon.”
And, for the record, Royce da 5‘9” is the Bad half of the duo, and Eminem is the Evil.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors