- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
Broadway box offices enjoy boffo business
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Broadway box offices were busy places last week _ 11 musicals made more than $1 million.
The Broadway League said Monday that total grosses for the week ending Sunday soared to $28.9 million, up from $23.8 million the week before.
The numbers, boosted by vacationers, did not even need “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,” which was on hiatus.
Making the millionaire’s club were perennial big sellers “Wicked,” “Mary Poppins,” “Jersey Boys,” “The Addams Family,” “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Billy Elliot,” “Mamma Mia!” and “The Lion King.” Two new hot tickets were “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,” “The Book of Mormon” and the outgoing “American Idiot.”
Other shows came close to the $1 million mark, including “Catch Me If You Can,” “Memphis” and “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.”
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world