- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Atypical sequels abound at Tribeca Film Festival
Question of the Day
“Who Killed the Electric Car?” investigated auto manufacturers’ reluctance to embrace electric cars and General Motors’ destroying of its EV1 model. “Revenge of the Electric Car” plots the comeback of electric cars, including GM’s change of heart in manufacturing the Chevy Volt, a gas-electric hybrid.
“I wasn’t planning to make another film about this topic, but I thought this could be one of those really rare moments where something turns around,” says Paine. “And I already have the access, so I should probably step into this and see if we can capture a moment of transition.”
Paine has essentially shifted from pessimist to optimist.
“Sometimes it happens in America and in capitalism: Great ideas get killed,” says the director. “But it’s not always the way things go.”
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world