- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
NYC checks into report of P. Diddy police escort
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police say a sergeant allowed a police escort for Sean "P. Diddy" Combs for one city block after a concert.
The police department says the assistance was unauthorized and is under investigation.
Police say the Friday night escort was requested by the hip-hop star's dry cleaner, who asked several officers before the sergeant agreed.
One police van escorted Combs from the Hammerstein Ballroom to just near the entrance for the Lincoln Tunnel. The department says claims that several officers escorted Combs to New Jersey are false.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg says security is the only reason anyone should get a police escort.
A representative for Combs has no comment.
Police officials in Washington, D.C., recently attracted attention when they gave actor Charlie Sheen an escort before a performance.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- New battlefront emerges in war between Republicans, tea party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Budget negotiators look to federal workers for benefit concessions
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on 'outdated' agencies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
This column will cover anything that has anything remotely to do with the game of baseball, from the game itself to mid-summer trades to offseason moves.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Political satirist and Christian apologist Bob Siegel discusses religion and politics.
White House pets gone wild!