- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Bucs select Iowa DE Adrian Clayborn at No. 20
Question of the Day
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have selected Iowa defensive end Adrian Clayborn with the 20th pick in the NFL draft.
Despite saying they would remain flexible with their first-round selection, the team addressed a need to improve one of the league’s least productive pass rushes.
Tampa Bay ranked 30th among 32 teams with 26 sacks last season.
Clayborn was fifth defensive end selected Thursday night behind Missouri’s Aldon Smith, Wisconsin’s J.J. Watt, North Carolina’s Robert Quinn and Purdue’s Ryan Kerrigan.
A year ago, the Bucs used their first two picks on defensive tackles Gerald McCoy and Brian Price.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs