- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Ridicule is a giveaway of Democrats’ dread
If history has shown anything about the underbelly of the Democratic Party, it is that its members mock what they fear.
In 2000 and 2008, the Democrats proclaimed that Sen. John McCain was the strongest Republican in the running for president. Even the New York Times praised and recommended him - that is, until he was nominated. Then the Democrats and their media friends turned away from him so hard I'm surprised they didn't get whiplash. The same is true for their treatment of former vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin and presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann. They seem unwilling to allow the prospect of a smart, conservative woman to take root.
Knowing this gives me second thoughts about the mockery the Democrats are heaping on Donald Trump. Unlike most of the others in the presidential pool at the moment, Mr. Trump has the status and guts not to be frightened by the Democrats. I don't know what kind of a president he would make; if he does run, that question will be answered in debates and primaries.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die