- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Bucs build defense with first 3 draft picks
TAMPA, FLA. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers looked around the rest of the NFC South and decided that to enhance their chances of winning their division it’s imperative to improve the team’s pass rush.
After taking defensive ends Adrian Clayborn and Da'Quan Bowers with the club’s first two picks in the NFL draft, general manager Mark Dominik feels they now have the personnel needed to chase down Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Cam Newton..
Bowers led the nation in sacks at Clemson last season and was Tampa Bay’s second round selection at No. 51 overall on Friday night. Clayborn, a former Iowa standout, was the 20th pick in the first round.
The Bucs stayed on the defensive in the third round, adding Washington linebacker Mason Foster.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again