- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
Red Sox RHP Matsuzaka leaves early against Seattle
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka has been pulled in the fifth inning against the Seattle Mariners with tightness in his right elbow.
The right-hander walked off the field with one of Boston’s athletic trainers after a meeting on the mound that included manager Terry Francona. The team did not say what was bothering Matsuzaka until the top of the seventh inning.
Dice-K had already thrown 81 pitches before Ichiro Suzuki led off the fifth with a single. It was the first hit Matsuzaka had allowed since the first inning, but he was spotty with his control from the start, throwing 25 pitches in the first.
Matsuzaka finished with four strikeouts, four walks and allowed three hits before he was replaced by Matt Albers. He also allowed three runs, but only one earned.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Obama pressed on Sudanese mother's case, facing death sentence over Christian faith
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq