- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
WEDDING WATCH: A cheer for the garbage truck
_ Julie Lischer, visiting from Atlanta: “We have celebrities. Hollywood, that is kind of our royal family and it is not the same and we are just so happy for Will and Kate and having followed them from growing up, it’s just very exciting.”
_ Anna Jones, who works in a shop in Straffordshire, England: “We are so excited to be here _ we think we got one of the best spaces.”
Forget about the dress (for now). Let’s start with accessories:
Kate’s wedding ring was made out of Welsh gold by the Wartski company, which has long ties to the royal family.
AP’s Gregory Katz reports that Welsh gold, which is valued for its quality and scarcity, has been used in royal weddings since 1923. It has been worn by Queen Elizabeth II, as well as the late Princess Diana.
As you may have heard by now, that’s the only ring in the ceremony _ William has decided not to wear one. At least he’ll never have to worry about losing it.
A 1902 State Landau _ one of the royal carriages _ will be carrying William and Kate from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace, the palace said Friday morning. That means they’ll have the top down _ actually, it doesn’t have a top _ so they may catch a raindrop or two if the weather turns south.
Is it too early to talk about beer? Not on royal wedding day. AP’s Fergus Bell, who’s roaming Trafalgar Square, says he saw people wheeling crates of beer to the bar tent.
Cheers, wedding watchers.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again