- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
WEDDING WATCH: Something for ‘Monty Python’ fans
“We’re royalists. We couldn’t come and do this when the kids were small, so we are doing it now,” she said. “Working for the royal bank, you kind of have to be a royalist.”
And for the uninitiated in all things London: The Mall isn’t pronounced the way many might think. Say the name Al, but put an M in front of it.
ABBEY ARRIVALS: Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry’s on-again, off-again girlfriend, has arrived at Westminster Abbey. Australian swimmer Ian Thorpe also shows up.
Just spotted on the TV coverage: a man in the crowd wearing tails and a formal plaid pants and vest. Are you wearing your plaid ensemble?
AP’s Cassandra Vinograd _ CassVinograd on Twitter _ tweets from just outside Westminster Abbey: One downside of (hash tag)royalwedding mania? Getting around London! Tube packed with flag-waving, tiara-wearing folk.
AP’s Caryn Rousseau in Chicago will be reporting Friday on royal wedding festivities in the U.S. Here’s some of what she says is planned:
_ Full English breakfasts and British-themed parties are planned all around the country.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Uncensored exploration of issues concerning current events, civil liberties, American political advocacy, and the political and social issues facing military veterans.
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow