- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
Stars lured by ACMs, Vegas _ and gambling
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The biggest names in country music converged in Las Vegas Sunday hoping to get lucky at the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards _ and win big on the nearby casino floors.
“That’s why I don’t give him any cash,” Joey Martin quipped.
Darius Rucker said his time in Sin City had been divided between the rehearsal stage, a golf course and “gambling too much.”
Jason Aldean, an entertainer of the year nominee, said he was up $3,000 after a stint on the casino floor.
Then there was Randy Rogers of the Randy Rogers Band, who was having some trouble getting into a Las Vegas state of a mind.
“This year’s been lame. I wish I had a better story,” said Rogers, whose band was nominated for their third top vocal group award. “I was in bed by 11:30 last night.”
Country music maverick Eric Church, whose songs about teen pregnancy and marijuana have raised eyebrows, said he owed his career to his mother.
“She believed in me musically before anyone did, even my dad,” he jested. “You still have to convince him.”
“You are going to see a curveball that you’ve never seen on 'The Apprentice,' even Trump didn’t see it coming,” he said.
Rich is trying to become the top earner in “Celebrity Apprentice” history. He is on the show raising money for St. Jude’s Hospital.
TWT Video Picks
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- F-35 secrets now showing up in chinas stealth fighter
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again