- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
Giants take Iowa safety Tyler Sash in sixth round
Question of the Day
The choice of Sash came a little more than 10 minutes after New York (10-6) took Michigan State inside linebacker Greg Jones.
Sash has a nose for the ball. He had 13 interceptions in just three years on the field, although only two came this past season. He could fit right into the rotation since veteran Deon Grant is a free agent and may not be back.
Sash also had 79 tackles this past season.
The Giants addressed a need on the offensive line earlier Saturday taking Indiana tackle James Brewer in the fourth round.
New York drafted Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara in the first round on Thursday, and took North Carolina defensive tackle Marvin Austin in the second round and Troy receiver Jerrel Jernigan in the third on Friday.
They did not have a pick in the fifth round Saturday.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq