- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
SNYDER: Caps can’t go wrong with 3 solid goalies
Question of the Day
Once again, it’s time to check off some items on my “TIDU List” - Things I Don’t Understand:
• How the Capitals can go wrong with either goalie.
- Why Debbie Yow doesn’t offer some proof.
New North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried couldn’t enjoy hearing his new athletic director accuse Maryland coach Gary Williams of trying to “sabotage the search.” She essentially disparaged both men with the assertion and sparked national coverage as the topic led ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” on Wednesday.
If Yow isn’t willing to back it up, then she should just shut up.
- How VCU won’t need a new coach soon.
Shaka Smart stayed put, but don’t count on that for long. Yes, he could follow the example of Gonzaga’s Mark Few, who has resisted multiple offers from major programs. The Fews are happy where they are and maybe the Smarts will be content, too.
But VCU has a better chance of reaching next year’s Final Four than seeing Smart fulfill his eight-year contract extension.
- Why Andray Blatche saves his best for last.
The talented but inconsistent forward has averaged 24.8 points and 12.8 rebounds in the Wizards’ last five games. He averaged 22.1 points and 8.3 rebounds during the final 32 games last season, and his numbers will increase for the fifth consecutive season (currently 16.6 ppg and 8.3 rpg).
But if he keeps waiting until all is hopeless, his production is worthless.
- How Pudge Rodriguez will get to 3,000 hits.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Deron Snyder is an award-winning journalist and Washington Times sports columnist with more than 25 years of experience. He has worked at USA Today and his column was syndicated in Gannett’ 80-plus newspapers from 2000-2009, appearing in The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Detroit News and many others. Follow Deron on Twitter @Its_Ball_Good or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNYDER: With John Wall’s return, Wizards’ blueprint beginning to unfold
- SNYDER: RG3, Junior Seau evidence of NFL’s negligent culture
- SNYDER: Alabama’s excellence built to last under Saban
- SNYDER: Russell Wilson beats RG3 at his own game
- SNYDER: Terp tested: Turgeon has team ready to take on ACC
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Democrats cite pope in call for minimum wage hike, jobless benefits
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
In a world that is increasingly complex, we need to seek greater awareness of the blending of cultures and America's changing role in a global community.
Find up-to-date information on the D.C. and Baltimore live music scenes and read interviews with artists and reviews of the latest releases and concerts.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow