- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
SNYDER: Caps can’t go wrong with 3 solid goalies
Question of the Day
The future Hall of Famer was 183 hits shy entering the season and remained there entering Thursday. He’s still valuable behind the plate but the Nationals can’t afford his anemic bat (.219 since the All-Star break), especially with Wilson Ramos off to a .500 start.
We love Pudge, but I’m afraid Nationals Park will be surrounded by 3,000 bars before he reaches 3,000 hits.
- Why anyone blames Kyrie Irving for leaving Duke.
An open letter in the school paper facetiously implored him to declare for the NBA and “give up your chance to be remembered as one of Duke’s all-time greatest basketball players.” As if No. 1 overall draft picks are forgotten. Just because Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck chose school over salary doesn’t make it right.
Irving was smart; he went with his head instead of his heart.
- How Rob Dibble looks better by blaming Stephen Strasburg’s dad.
In a FoxSports.com video, Dibble said his tenure as a Nationals broadcaster ended because “Strasburg’s father e-mailed the owner and basically was offended by what I said.” Unaware of the major elbow injury, Dibble said the phenom needed to “suck it up.”
Earth to Dibbs: Jim Strasburg wasn’t the only person offended by your dunderheaded comment.
- Why Barry Bonds is Public Enemy No. 1.
The feds have spent millions of dollars to prosecute the home run king, who said he used steroids, ahem, “unknowingly.” None of us believes him, but that’s not the point. There’s just no way a simple perjury case should take this much time and money.
Forget making a mountain out of a molehill; this is making a canyon out of a crack.
- How Tiger Woods will regain his dominance.
I hope I’m wrong - and he’s off to a good start at the Masters with a 1-under 71 - but we’ll probably never see the old Tiger again. It’s almost heresy to say that. He proved how maniacal he is about majors at last year’s Masters, when he came off a five-month layoff to tie for fourth.
But it looks like his mystique and aura have been replaced by ho and hum.
- Why the Redskins are demanding season ticket money during the lockout.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Deron Snyder is an award-winning journalist and Washington Times sports columnist with more than 25 years of experience. He has worked at USA Today and his column was syndicated in Gannett’s 80-plus newspapers from 2000-2009, appearing in The Arizona Republic, The Indianapolis Star, The Detroit News and many others. Follow Deron on Twitter @DeronSnyder or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SNYDER: Michael Sam a pioneer, but Tony Dungy doesn't need to be
- SNYDER: Robert Griffin III, Jay Gruden perfect together — for now
- SNYDER: Nationals flush with possibilities as second half kicks in
- SNYDER: Emmanuel Mudiay's decision to skip college another step toward sea change
- SNYDER: Like it or not, Derek Jeter is reason to watch All-Star game
Latest Blog Entries
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq