- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LeBron James‘ mother arrested in valet assault
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. | The mother of Miami Heat basketball star LeBron James was arrested by Miami Beach police after she was accused of assaulting a valet worker because it was taking too long to have her car delivered.
Police said Gloria James had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and her eyes were bloodshot when officers arrived at the hotel about 4:47 a.m. Thursday. She was released with a promise to appear on charges of simple battery and disorderly conduct.
Police said several witnesses supported valet worker Sorel Rockfeller’s account of the incident.
Mystics latest to rock red with new jersey colors
The Washington Mystics showed off a new jersey of red, navy, silver and white on Thursday, part of owner Ted Leonsis‘ plan to make red the dominant color for all three of his sports teams.
The WNBA will be using new uniforms in its 15th season, with jerseys designed to be lighter and dry faster to keep players more comfortable.
NEW YORK | The Twins’ heralded Japanese import, Tsuyoshi Nishioka, has broken his left fibula after the Yankees’ Nick Swisher slid into him at second base while breaking up a double play in Minnesota’s 4-3 loss.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow