- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Country star Strait buys Texas golf resort stake
Question of the Day
BOERNE, TEXAS (AP) - Country superstar George Strait is taking a swing at another of his passions: golf.
Strait says he and his business partner, Tom Cusick, have purchased the Tapatio (tap-uh-TEE'-oh) Springs Golf Resort and Conference Center in Boerne (BER'-nee), about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio.
Strait says they bought the resort from Textron Financial Corp. and that the deal was closed April 1. He does not provide terms of the deal in his Friday news release.
Textron bought the resort in a foreclosure auction last June for $4.5 million.
The resort, founded in 1981, has three nine-hole courses and more than 100 hotel rooms.
Strait is an avid golfer. He says he has played the resort's courses and always believed it "could be a real jewel."
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq