- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Nets PG Deron Williams to have right wrist surgery
Question of the Day
The two-time All Star will have bone fragments and scar tissue removed from his right wrist in an operation on Monday, general manager Billy King said Friday before the Nets played the New York Knicks at the Prudential Center.
Nets coach Avery Johnson said power forward Kris Humphries, the league’s fifth leading rebounder (10.4), also is going to miss the last four games because of sprained ankle and bruised heel in his right foot.
A “fine-cut MRI” was taken and it disclosed the bone fragments and scarring, King said, noting the injury did not get worse after the trade. It just wasn’t detected until the more advanced MRI was taken, he said.
“The doctor told me some of those particles had been there for a while, so you could tell he didn’t do any more damage” King said.
Williams averaged 15 points and 12.8 assists in a dozen games with the Nets. His last game was memorable. The 26-year-old hit a game-winning shot and matched his career high with 21 assists in a win over Minnesota on Tuesday night.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq