- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Pirates’ RHP Ross Ohlendorf on DL
Ohlendorf removed himself from Friday night’s game against Colorado in the third inning when he felt discomfort in the same area of his shoulder that landed him on the 60-day DL to end last season. He said the injury doesn’t feel as bad as it did in 2010, when he went 1-11.
Ohlendorf hasn’t yet had an MRI.
To take Ohlendorf’s spot, the club recalled right-hander Daniel McCutchen from Triple-A Indianapolis. Pirates manager Clint Hurdle, who had to use seven pitchers in Friday’s 14-inning win, said McCutchen is available to pitch immediately.
After Ohlendorf was replaced, Pittsburgh’s relievers shut out the Rockies for 11 1-3 innings in a 4-3 win.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again