- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
Virginia hires Boyle as women’s basketball coach
Question of the Day
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. (AP) - Joanne Boyle is the new women’s basketball coach at Virginia.
Boyle has spent the last six years at California, compiling a 137-64 record and guiding the Golden Bears to four NCAA tournament appearances and two trips to the Women’s NIT. Cal won the WNIT in 2010.
Before Boyle took over, Cal had gone 12 seasons without a winning record.
In nine seasons as a head coach, Boyle has a 204-93 record.
The former Duke player and assistant coach takes over a program that once was one of the strongest in the women’s game, but has since fallen to the middle of the pack in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Ryan led Virginia to the NCAA tournament 24 times, but only four times in the past eight years. In 2009, her team lost 99-73 to the Golden Bears in the NCAA second round.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl's hand
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow