- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
AP source: Giants, RB Ahmad Bradshaw reach deal
Question of the Day
The free agent agreed to contract terms with the Giants on Monday, a source with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced.
Contract terms were not immediately available.
Bradshaw took over as the Giants‘ starting halfback last season and rushed for a career-best 1,235 yards and eight touchdowns. He had problems with fumbles, and Brandon Jacobs started the next five games. Bradshaw started the season finale against Washington.
Bradshaw lost six fumbles last season.
“Ball security, ball security, ball security, even at the expense of trying to make the extra effort,” Coughlin said after practice ended Monday night. “(You) have to know where the ball is at all times and that people are coming after you. That’s the nature of our game.”
The Giants also signed quarterback David Carr and tight end Ben Patrick and waived-injured rookie running back Martell Mallard. Safety Chad Jones, the third-round draft choice in 2010 who was seriously injured in an automobile accident last year was waived/non-football injury.
Patrick has been used mostly as a blocking tight end during his first four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.
“He worked out very well, caught the ball, moved well. He’s in very good shape,” Coughlin said of Patrick.
Rosenfels, who was Manning’s backup last season, said the decision to bring in Carr was not a surprise. He also said he has not been asked to restructure his contract at this point, although the Giants could use Carr as leverage to get him to take a pay cut.
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world