- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pepco is trying to improve
Question of the Day
While we recognize the frustration over outage and reliability issues, I want to be sure Pepco customers know what we are doing to improve reliability and service (“Pepco ranks as nation’s most-hated firm,” Web, July 10).
I am proud to have worked for Pepco for 33 years. I know the company is not currently where it wants - or needs - to be in terms of customer care. However, I also know that employees, like me, are dedicated to improving dependability for our communities. In fact, we are investing $500 million to improve infrastructure needs that have plagued the current system and have pledged to spend whatever else necessary to improve reliability.
Besides improving infrastructure needs, we are taking preventative measures to ensure better service by trimming trees, updating equipment and reviewing our restoration procedures. While these enhancements cannot happen overnight, we are working hard each day to make improvements that will keep our customers satisfied.
Pepco is making big changes - both internally and externally. We understand our customers’ concerns and are committed to making positive improvements in our practices.
MARY M. PICKELL
Lead engineering associate
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Obama pressed on Sudanese mother's case, facing death sentence over Christian faith
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says