- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Trial starts in nanny’s suit against Pacers owner
Question of the Day
She corralled another lawyer to administer CPR while she gave specific instructions on the procedure and urged him on until medical personnel arrived. In spite of the efforts, she said court security later informed her that the man died.
Bui Simon burst into tears after the incident. She said she takes CPR training once a year because she has children.
She later returned to the courtroom and testimony continued.
After Liete left the stand, her ex-husband, John O’Connell, testified that during their brief marriage she threatened his life and those of his four cats and he was forced to flee with the animals in fear. He said Liete told him that she once punched a co-worker in the face and that she wanted to kill someone who owed her $5. He said he obtained a restraining order, which she violated, and at one point, police were called during a fight.
The lawsuit also involves a former chauffeur’s claims against the Simons, but his portion of the case will not be heard until after a jury is chosen, according to lawyers.
Herb Simon, 75, has a net worth of $1.4 billion, according to Forbes. His family founded Simon Property Group, a shopping mall company headquartered in the Indianapolis area. The couple also has a home there.
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors