- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
‘America’s Most Wanted’ host getting special Emmy
NEW YORK (AP) - "America's Most Wanted" creator, John Walsh, is getting a special Emmy Award in tribute to his just-canceled weekly show.
The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences board voted this week to give Walsh its Governors Award at the Creative Arts Emmys on Sept. 10 in Los Angeles. The honor goes to a person or organization that makes a substantial impact or demonstrates an extraordinary use of television.
Walsh became a crime-fighting activist after his 6-year-old son, Adam, was kidnapped and killed in 1981. "America's Most Wanted" publicized fugitives and has claimed responsibility for nearly 1,200 arrests since its 1988 premiere. Fox canceled the show this spring.
Television academy chairman and CEO John Shaffner says the show is an example of how TV can be used to convey an important message.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
- HARRIS: Redskins left in limbo over $7 million question
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow