- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: U.S. demise being fashioned in White House
I appreciate the recent column by Rep. Dan Burton, Indiana Republican, from the bottom of my heart (“The danger of underestimating Obama,” Commentary, Tuesday). Mr. Burton has laid out the truth about dismissing Mr. Obama in a most clear, concise and factual manner. This should be required reading for all Republicans in America.
I have agonized over the words of countless writers who said Mr. Obama should do this or that if he wants to solve our problems and get the country back on the right track. It’s all been a waste of ink and paper. Excellent, professional advice was offered to the president, both before and after he took office. There was a virtual consensus of the steps needed to be taken because such measures had worked before under similar economic conditions.
Just before his inauguration, Mr. Obama said we were just days away from beginning the transformation of America. Well, he immediately set off in the opposite direction of the well-intended advice. The happiest person about the drastic financial events of the past few days and weeks sits in the Oval Office. It’s a big milestone in his plan for our financial ruin and for government control over our lives.
The brave troops who died in the recent helicopter crash in Afghanistan - and thousands of others before them - put their lives on the line to protect and preserve this republic against those who wish for our demise. I find it extremely grotesque to see their commander in chief working diligently and deceptively each day to achieve its demise from the inside.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine