- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: U.S. demise being fashioned in White House
I appreciate the recent column by Rep. Dan Burton, Indiana Republican, from the bottom of my heart (“The danger of underestimating Obama,” Commentary, Tuesday). Mr. Burton has laid out the truth about dismissing Mr. Obama in a most clear, concise and factual manner. This should be required reading for all Republicans in America.
I have agonized over the words of countless writers who said Mr. Obama should do this or that if he wants to solve our problems and get the country back on the right track. It’s all been a waste of ink and paper. Excellent, professional advice was offered to the president, both before and after he took office. There was a virtual consensus of the steps needed to be taken because such measures had worked before under similar economic conditions.
Just before his inauguration, Mr. Obama said we were just days away from beginning the transformation of America. Well, he immediately set off in the opposite direction of the well-intended advice. The happiest person about the drastic financial events of the past few days and weeks sits in the Oval Office. It’s a big milestone in his plan for our financial ruin and for government control over our lives.
The brave troops who died in the recent helicopter crash in Afghanistan - and thousands of others before them - put their lives on the line to protect and preserve this republic against those who wish for our demise. I find it extremely grotesque to see their commander in chief working diligently and deceptively each day to achieve its demise from the inside.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same