- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Broncos kicker charged with drunken driving
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, COLO. (AP) - Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater is facing a charge of drunken driving and fleeing the scene of an accident.
Police Chief John Jackson said Prater was involved in a minor, non-injury accident in a hotel parking lot on Aug. 2. He said Prater was cooperative, adding: "He was not in any way resistant or argumentative. We cited and released him, like we would do with anybody else."
Prater is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 5.
"Our organization is disappointed with the poor judgment shown by Matt Prater on Aug. 2. This matter, which was addressed with the team last week, continues to be thoroughly reviewed internally," the Broncos said in a statement.
The fifth-year pro from Central Florida was 3-for-3 on field goals in the Broncos' preseason opener Thursday night at Dallas.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Russia should be booted from FIFA World Cup, senators say
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- MILLER: Donald Trump says hes a Tea Party member
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again