- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Flames sign D Hannan to 1-year contract
Question of the Day
CALGARY, ALBERTA (AP) - The Calgary Flames signed defenseman Scott Hannan to a one-year, $1 million contract on Saturday.
Hannan, a native of British Columbia, split last season between the Colorado Avalanche and Washington Capitals.
“Scott not only brings a wealth of experience to our blue line, but he also brings a great deal of knowledge about the Western Conference in general and our division in particular,” Flames general manager Jay Feaster said. “Just as importantly, he has demonstrated his commitment to our organization and his desire to be a part of our team by agreeing to a contract that enables us to fit him under the salary cap.”
The gritty, shut down defenseman has 185 points and 430 penalty minutes in 830 NHL games. He has also played 82 playoff games. Hannan was originally selected in the first round of the 1997 draft, No. 23 overall, by San Jose.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq