- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Arizona RHP Marquis comes out of start vs. Mets
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - Arizona right-hander Jason Marquis broke his right shinbone after getting hit by a line drive Sunday.
At first he stayed in the game after he was hit by a ball off the bat of the Mets Angel Pagan in the top of the third inning.
With one out on the fourth, Marquis hit Josh Thole with a pitch and dropped to the ground after his delivery clutching his right shin.
He rolled over and rose to one knee but continued holding his right ankle until he was checked out by medical staff and limped off the field.
Zach Duke came on in relief of Marquis.
Marquis was acquired by the Diamondbacks on July 30 from the Washington Nationals for a minor leaguer. He has allowed 16 runs _ 12 earned _ on 22 hits in 11 innings in three starts for Arizona.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq