- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Missouri OT Fisher injures knee
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, MO. (AP) - Missouri senior offensive tackle Elvis Fisher collapsed at practice Monday, screaming in pain and clutching at his left knee before he was helped off the field by two trainers.
The senior co-captain who has made 40 consecutive starts for the Tigers was hurt during a one-on-one pass blocking drill against defensive end Michael Sam.
"He's got a very serious knee injury," coach Gary Pinkel said. "We'll know more about it and he's probably getting an MRI as we're talking right now. But it's very significant."
The 6-5, 295-pound Fisher has been honorable mention All-Big 12 the last two seasons.
"I feel really bad for Elvis," Pinkel said on the school's website. "That's the toughest thing you go through personally as a coach.
"The bottom line is when I use the term 'move 'em over, move 'em up,' we're very caring and concerned about the player, but the bottom line is you have to play football and you have to win."
Sophomore Justin Britt filled in at left tackle with the first team after Fisher's injury. Anthony Gatti, a redshirt freshman, is listed second on the depth chart behind Fisher at left tackle.
Junior center Travis Ruth missed Monday's practice with a strained Achilles tendon sustained in a scrimmage Saturday and was day to day. Missouri had a two-hour practice in full pads Monday after a day off Sunday.
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq