- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
2011 Baseball First-Round Signing Bonuses
Question of the Day
The signing bonuses for the first-round selections in the 20011 amateur baseball draft: (x-major league contract):
1. Pittsburgh, Gerrit Cole, RHP, UCLA, $8 million.
2. x-Seattle, Danny Hultzen, LHP, Virginia, $8.5 million, five-year contract.
3. x-Arizona, Trevor Bauer, RHP, UCLA, $4.45 million, four-year contract.
4. x-Baltimore, Dylan Bundy, RHP, Owasso (Okla.) HS, $6.25 million, five-year contract.
5. Kansas City, Bubba Starling, OF, Gardner-Edgerton HS (Kan.), $7.5 million.
6. x-Washington, Anthony Rendon, 3B, Rice, $7.2 million, four-year contract.
7. Arizona, Archie Bradley, RHP, Broken Arrow (Okla.) Senior HS, $5 million.
8. Cleveland, Francisco Lindor, SS, Montverde (Fla.) Academy, $2.9 million.
9. Chicago Cubs, Javier Baez, SS, Arlington Country Day School, Jacksonville, Fla., $2,625,000.
10. San Diego, Corey Spangenberg, 2B, Indian River State College, $1,863,000.
11. Houston, George Springer, OF, Connecticut, $2,525,000.
12. Milwaukee, Taylor Jungmann, RHP, Texas, $2,525,000.
13. N.Y. Mets, Brandon Nimmo, OF, Cheyenne (Wyo.) East HS, $2.1 million.
14. Florida, Jose Fernandez, RHP, Braulio Alonso HS, Tampa, Fla., $2 million.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq