- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Gore gears up for start of the season with 49ers
Question of the Day
He isn’t used to playing much in the preseason, but coach Jim Harbaugh wanted to see Gore play. He was on the field for the first seven plays in a 24-3 loss at New Orleans last Friday night, Gore carrying four times for 20 yards. He typically only takes part for a handful of snaps total during the exhibition season.
“I was hoping not to play because I feel like I like to work hard in practice,” Gore said Tuesday. “But I was happy that Coach had me out there for a couple plays, just to get some hits in and get up to speed in a game again. I didn’t want to come out, really.”
Also Tuesday, it appeared the 49ers were still contemplating whether to sign veteran quarterback Daunte Culpepper, who worked out for the team a day earlier.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world