- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
New books about Texas Gov. Rick Perry coming
NEW YORK (AP) - Rick Perry has the book world’s attention.
The Texas governor and recently declared GOP presidential candidate is the subject of new book by James C. Moore, co-author of the anti-George W. Bush best-seller “Bush’s Brain,” and Texas political consultant Jason Stanford.
Metropolitan Books, an imprint of Henry Holt and Company, announced Tuesday that “Adios Mofo: Why Rick Perry Will Make America Miss George W. Bush” is scheduled for early 2012.
According to Metropolitan, the authors have “deep contacts with numerous operatives in the Perry campaign” and will present the governor as an “ideologue with scant interest or success in governing.”
Also Tuesday, Crown announced an e-book on the governor will come out next week. “Rick Perry and his Eggheads,” by Sasha Issenberg, is an inside account of Perry’s successful 2006 re-election campaign and the academics who analyzed it. The e-book is based on Issenberg’s “The Victory Lab,” due in the fall of 2012.
Meanwhile, a book by Perry himself received a sales bump after he announced his candidacy Saturday.
The hardcover of “Fed Up!” moved into the top 400 on Amazon.com and is out of stock until Friday. The conservative policy book was released last year by Little, Brown and Company. Its foreword is by Newt Gingrich, one of Perry’s rivals for the Republican nomination.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.