- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politicians aren’t accountable for actions
Are you tired of the lies that are coming out of Washington? Have you heard one congressman or senator say, "It is partly my fault that the country is in the situation it is in"? No. Politicians blame everyone except themselves.
I would like to hear just one say, "Yes, I voted to borrow money from another country and to keep spending more money than we take in so I could get re-elected." This country should be the bank, not the borrower. Remember the old saying, "The borrower is slave to the lender"?
In my opinion, every member of Congress who voted to borrow money from China or from any other country should be removed from office. I put them in the same category as Benedict Arnold. They are not the patriots we think they are.
I guess our flag and paper money will someday read "In money we trust." Greed will destroy us. The people running for president are the same ones who put us in this position - and now they want to be in charge?
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- PRUDEN: Waiting for Nelson Mandela without the tears
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle